WORKSHOP ON SCHOOL CLIMATE
MCA Staff undergoing workshop on School Climate. The following were the highlights of the main point during the workshop:
KEY POINTS ON THE WORKSHOP:
1. School climate is the feelings and attitudes that are evoked or bring forth by a school’s environment.
2. Different dimensions of school climate:
(a) Physical dimension of school climate, which includes the appearance of the school building and its classrooms, availability of resources, safety, and comfort.
(b) Social dimension of school climate: quality of interpersonal relationships btw and among students, teachers, and staff, equitable treatment, etc.
(c) Academic dimension of school climate: quality of instruction, teacher expectations for students achievement and monitoring students progress, etc.
3. Positive school climate.
4. How to maintain and enhance a positive school climate: restructure and give students meaningful leadership roles in the school etc.
5. How does school climate affect student academic achievement?
Through school connectedness, it means the student perceptions of belonging and closeness with others at the school.
6. How can school personnel increase students’ sense of belonging?
Increasing school safety and improving interpersonal relationships, treating students with care, fairness, etc
7. How to improve the attractiveness of the school to make it a more inviting place to learn and to visit?
By installing and maintaining planters with cedars at both entrances etc.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 32
- Assessments Yes